Frequently Asked Questions
- My registration code does not unlock the demo version.
- Windows software does not synchronize with PDA software.
- Can I safely upgrade my software?
- How much does support service cost?
- I don't know how to find my HotSync® ID!
- What should I tell your support personnel?
- I'm concerned about privacy. Where do you distribute my information?
- Why do I have to mess with these registration codes?
- Installer gives an error "Missing RAPI.DLL"
- What devices are actually supported by Jardesign software?
- What are my risks when downloading a Jardesign software?
- What is my "registration name"
- I purchased a product and have not received anything. I'm very angry!
- Will you send me an updated version if a bug is found?
- Why isn't there a phone number I can call?
1. My registration code does not unlock the demo version.
Make sure you have entered your registration ID correctly when placing your order. Your registration ID on Palm OS ® devices is your HotSync® name. On PocketPC platform your registration name is your owner name. These are case sensitive. If your capitalization is wrong, the code is calculated wrong.
2. Windows software does not synchronize with PDA software.
First check that your HotSync® settings for your your HotSync® log. If your application is in the log, it has synchronized something. Second try to locate your Palm Desktop HotSync® -directory. under that is a directory name of your software. There should be some files. You can also use one of our diagnostic programs to solve your problem.
Most common reason for inoperative conduit is that some other application has removed certain components from your computer. In this case it usually helps if you re-install our software.
3. Can I safely upgrade my software?
In general you should always download the latest verion of your software. All our software is backwards compatible, unless told otherwise.
Your registration codes also apply to to the new releases. Sometimes we may have to require new registration codes. In this case you are allowed to purchase new codes at a discounted price.
If you have any further questions about upgrading your software, email firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.
4. How much does support service cost?
Support service is free for all registered users. It is also free for non-registered users, but registerd user have priority.
5. I don't know how to find my HotSync® ID!
Your HotSync® ID is located on the top right corner of your Palm Desktop Software or in your PDA's HotSync application. See further information here.
6. What should I tell your support personnel?
In most cases it's enough to tell us the following information:
You can also download and run a diagnostic application and send us the Memo entry it creates. This Memo entry contains a lot of useful information we can use to locate your problems.
- Your full name
- Your email -address
- Name of the application
- Version number (available from the "About" -screen of your application)
- Platform (eg. PC, Unix, Palm IIIc, Handspring Visor Prism...)
- Operating system (eg. Windows 98, RedHat Linux 5.2, Palm OS® 3.5...)
- What exactly happens? (eg. application crashes, system hangs, something peculiar happens...)
- Can we reproduce the problem, and if so, what do we have to do?
- Is there some sort of error message?
7. I'm concerned about privacy. Where do you distribute my information?
Your information will be stored in our computers and we will back them up periodically. We will never disclose any of your information such as email addresses, names or contact info to any third party without asking for your approval. That means we don't use your customised software in marketing, nor do we ever tell anyone that you are our customer. All our emails and phone conversations are kept private.
8. Why do I have to mess with these registration codes?
A part of Jardesign's income comes from selling software to end user's. Software piracy eats a big part of this income.
To prevent software piracy, we use registration codes to protect our software. If we were just to send registered versions of our software to a customer, he/she could easily distribute it to anyone and even claim it is written by him/her. In some cases dishonest end users have even claimed money for distributing our registered software.
9. Installer gives an error "Missing RAPI.DLL"
This error sometime appears, if you are using too old ActiveSync software, or if ActiveSync is not installed on your computer. You can visit http://www.pocketpc.com and search for a newer version of ActiveSync.
10. What devices and platforms are actually supported by Jardesign software
On Palm OS® platform we support all devices running Palm OS® 3.0 or above. However, we recommend that a device with Palm OS® 3.3 or above. On Pocket PC world our software works on Pocket PC 2000 and above, including Microsoft mobile platform 2003. Our windows software works on every PC with Microsoft Windows™ 98 or above. In certain cases our software is also compatible with Microsoft Windows™ 95, but as it's quite old operating system, we cannot quarantee that the software works on it.
11. What are my risks when downloading a Jardesign software?
None. We are firm believers in "Try before you buy" -idea, and our software is provided as trialware. This is why you should downlaod and tru out the software before making a purchase decision. Trial versions are always free, and you are under no obligation to subscribe to newsletters or anything. If you don't like the program, delete it and you won't here from us again. Of course, we would like to get feedback on how to make the programs better, if you didin't like them.
Jardesign Ky is a member of Trialware Professional Association, as we share the same view to software distribution. You can rest assured that when you downlaod and test one of our programs, your information will not be gathered, you will not receive any emails or calls from us. We want to let you test the software in your own peace, and decide wether to purchase it or not.
Usually the trialware restrictions are either time based (software expires after certain period) or crippleware, which means some functinality is crippled. For example you may only creat ten entries or exporting is restricted in some way. This is not done to harm you, but to protect our software from pirates.
12. What is my "registration name"?
Registration name is used to personalize the lisence to you. We need a registration name from you to calculate a registration code for you.Registration code unlocks your trial version, and you can use your software with all features enabled.
Your registration name is printed in bold red letters in the registration screen of your software.
For Palm OS ® powered devices your registration name is your HotSync™ name.
For PocketPC devices your registration name is your PocketPC owner name.
If you are purchasing a Windows software, your name will work as your registration name, except when the program is a part of a bundle. In that case use the same registration name as your handheld device. See here for further details.
13. I purchased a product and have not received anything. I'm very angry!
A: Solution 1: If you have purchased our products at our own website, PalmGear, Handango, PocketGear, eSellerate or PDAgreen, you have all rights to be angry. Humans create computers and computers themselves sometime mess things up and sometimes - even though very rarely - we do not receive a comfirmation about the order. In that case, please send your registration name, place and date of purcase and a possible order number, if you have one. These issues are alwasys easily solved. Solution 2: If you purchased the software somewhere else than our own website, PalmGear, Handango, PocketGear, eSellerate, PDAgreen or their known partners and subsidiaries then we're sorry. You have been ripped. We propably never saw a dime of your money, and your best choise it to try to get a refund from the seller. However, we are thankful for information about these places, because they harm our reputation and overload our support and sales.
14. Will you send me an updated version if a bug is found?
A: In general we post updates versions to the web server and post only notifications that a new version is available. We don't want to fill your inbox with large attachements.
15. Why isn't there a phone number I can call?
Because Jardesign is located in Finland, where timezone is EET (+0200GMT). We once had a phone number, but since all the calls came during the night, it was nothing but frustrating to our customers. Please email us instead. Our contact information is in contact page.